The McCarthy Homes team has carefully shaped the collaborative approach we take to building custom homes, offering the flexibility and freedom you need to craft a space that’s uniquely yours. From our first conversation to the final handover, we work closely with each client to deliver an unrivalled custom home building experience.
Our process is flexible and designed around your needs, but designing your custom home with the McCarthy team has just a handful of seamless steps.
1. Your Custom Home Consultation
Each of our custom home projects begins with a conversation. We’ll sit down with you to discuss your needs and find out whether our builders are the right people to craft your vision.
Your initial consultation focuses on the things you need from your custom home. We look at the starting point of your build, discussing the size of the home, the block of land you want to build on, the inclusions you’d like and your budget for the project. These initial details are our chance to have a no-obligation discussion and match the services we offer to the custom home you’ve been dreaming of.
2. Crafting Your Custom Home
With the basic details in place, we can make a real start on designing your new custom home.
Our expert designers and builders are at your disposal here. We encourage clients to bring their own ideas and concepts with them, or you can browse our existing home designs for inspiration. Working together, you’ll help our designers put pen to paper and begin sketching your vision for your new lifestyle. The rough concepts we create together can then be used to provide a pricing estimate for your custom home.
3. Flexible Custom Home Designs
At this point we’re ready to move the design of your custom home forwards, narrowing down exactly what you want from the build.
Our mission is to help you live the lifestyle you want, so we’re happy to work with you for as long as it takes to get the design just right. We take a flexible approach to custom home design which means that there’s always room for making the improvements you envision. McCarthy Homes leaves no stone unturned throughout this final design stage, ensuring the home we deliver is one you’ll be thrilled to call your own.
With the details and complete design in hand, we can draft your contract and provide final pricing for the construction of your new McCarthy Homes custom home.
The Benefits of a Knockdown Rebuild
Knocking down your own home to make way for a new home design is a great way to get more from your block of land. If you already live in a place you love, a knockdown rebuild offers all the benefits of a new home without the hassle or expense of having to move. Knockdown rebuilds are particularly popular in Southeast Queensland’s more expensive areas, like Brisbane’s inner suburbs or the Gold Coast’s waterfront suburbs.
Choosing a knockdown rebuild comes with a few major benefits:
- Simpler than buying new. Anyone who has ever purchased a new house understands the work that goes into the process. Searching for homes, visiting properties, selling your existing home and dealing with real estate agents is a major investment of time and money. Rebuilding on the same property spares you the hassle of having to sell your home and find a new one.
- Reduced cost. A knockdown and rebuild can be more affordable than buying a new property to build on. Expenses like stamp duty, transfer fees, mortgage fees, real estate agent fees and Lenders Mortgage Insurance can quickly add up, making the cost of demolition the more affordable option.
- The location you love. If you’re already living in an area you love, a knockdown rebuild lets you have your cake and eat it too. You get to enjoy the beauty of a new home without having to move an inch.
- Start with a clean slate. It goes without saying that rebuilding your home gives you a clean slate. Compared to renovating a home, rebuilding gives you total freedom to construct what you want without compromise.
- Build the home you want. Maybe you’ve outgrown your current space, your lifestyle has shifted or you’re ready for something new. Whatever the case, rebuilding your home gives you the chance to build a custom home that suits your changing lifestyle and adds value to your property.
Thinking About a Knockdown Rebuild? Start a Conversation with McCarthy Homes Today!
A knockdown and rebuild can be one of the most affordable ways of getting the new home build you want. Staying where you are means you can keep your family and friends nearby, the kids can stay in their schools and there’s no need to go through the process of selling your home. To find out whether a knockdown and rebuild is the right choice for your lifestyle, speak to the experts at McCarthy Homes! We build off-the-plan and custom homes throughout Southeast Queensland and Northern New South Wales. Our team of designers and builders specialise in crafting elevated spaces, and we can design a home to suit your knockdown rebuild project. Contact us today to start a conversation and find out more about our knockdown and rebuild services!